Preparation for Your Waxing & Homecare
In Preparation for waxing treatments, I suggest the following:
- On the day of treatment, do not swim or soak in a bath.
- Do not sunbathe or use a sun-bed.
- Do not use oils or moisturisers on the areas to be treated.
- Do not exercise vigorously.
- Clean or disposable underwear should be worn for bikini waxing.
- Hairs need to be a least ¼" long.
- Previously bleached hair tends, when waxed tend to break off at skin level.
- Have only lukewarm showers and baths, preferably not until 8 hours after the treatment.
- Gentle exfoliation 2-3 days after the treatment.
- Do not use highly fragranced products.
- Refrain from applying anti-perspirant deodorant or perfumed products to the area.
- Avoid applying make-up over the area.
- Avoid saunas, spa pools and swimming pools.
- Avoid sunbathing or having a sunbed treatment.
- Do not apply fake tanning products to the area.
- Avoid sports activities, eg, jogging aerobics, etc.
- Avoid gardening - which could introduce dirt into the treated skin.